The PartnerParks Conceptual Drawing Grants program is intended to provide “seed money” for the development and enhancement of Calgary’s parks, playgrounds, pathways, natural areas, and open spaces. The program supports projects that provide significant benefit to the continuation and enrichment to Calgary’s parks and pathways.
Up to $5,000.00 can be awarded to any non-profit organization, club, league, education institution, or group endorsed by an appropriate body to provide seed money to hire a landscape architect to provide drawings that reflect the vision which the group would like to create. The architectural drawings also provide a preliminary cost estimate for the project, and a drawing to show donors, stakeholders, and city representatives during the first stages of approvals.
The Partner Parks Conceptual Drawing Grant program is intended to provide “seed money” to hire a landscape architect or designer to provide a professional drawing that reflects the innovative vision a group would like to create. Up to $5,000.00 can be awarded to any non-profit organization, club, league, education institution, or group endorsed by an appropriate body to support a project the will enhance Calgary’s parks, pathways, natural areas, and open spaces. The architectural drawings also provide a preliminary cost estimate for the project, and a visual aid to show donors, stakeholders, and city representatives during the first stages of approvals.
Playground designs are not eligible for a Conceptual Drawing Grant.
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by Parks Foundation staff and approved by our Board of Governors using the following criteria:
- Social and community need as it relates to parks and community spaces
- Benefit and flexible use of project elements that will allow a variety of demographics to use and feel welcome in the space
- How the project will support community cohesion and contribute to innovative and multiuse park amenities
- The project must be within the Calgary municipal boundaries
Grant applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and approved by our Board of Governors.
*Note: Our Board of Governors does not meet during the summer months.
Conditions associated with accepting a grant.
There are three main conditions associated with accepting a PartnerParks Conceptual Drawing Grant:
1. All invoices will be paid directly to landscape architects by the Parks Foundation Calgary.
2. Recipients must provide recognition of the support of the PartnerParks Grant program and its funders and administrators, the Parks Foundation, Calgary. This recognition should be determined in consultation with the Grant Program Manager.
3. The grant must be used towards the project described in your application within one year of approval unless an extension has been approved.
Grant funds are paid directly by Parks Foundation Calgary to the Architect that has been chosen by your organization.
Applications are accepted in electronic format and can be submitted to the Grant Program Manager @ email@example.com.
If desired, hard-copy applications can be mailed to: Partner Parks Conceptual Drawing Grant Program Parks Foundation Calgary 225-13th Avenue SW Calgary, AB T2R 1N8