Since its establishment in 1985 as a non-profit organization, Parks Foundation Calgary has worked to create thriving communities and public spaces.
We exist so all Calgarians can enjoy a healthy lifestyle by providing easily accessible and unique, sport and green spaces.
What We've Achieved
- Supported over 130 community projects valued at more than $15 million.
- Awarded more than $12 million in support of amateur sport, to non-profit groups in Calgary.
- Dedicated and replaced over 1,000 park benches throughout the city.
- Developed and enhanced over 100 playgrounds.
- Encouraged over 25 community-driven projects per year, through our Gift Administration Program.
- Approved more than 400 grants to sport related projects.