At Parks Foundation Calgary we support amateur sport development and participation for Calgarians of all ages.
The Amateur Sport Grant Program was created as part of the Saddledome Foundation’s establishment of an Olympic legacy from the operations of the Saddledome. The continued success of the program is possible through a joint community partnership with the Calgary Flames Hockey Club, The Saddledome Foundation, and Parks Foundation Calgary. (link to program, flames and saddledome foundation).
The AMATEUR SPORT GRANT PROGRAM is designed to support non-profit sport groups by providing funds for capital upgrades and equipment purchases. From our May round of applications six sport organization’s were awarded a total of $210,770. We are very excited to help fund these organizations that will provide significant benefit to the enrichment of amateur sport.
- Braeside Community Association - Rink Renovations and Repairs
- Calgary Rowing Club - Rowing Boats and Oars
- Glendale Meadows Community Association - Outdoor rink tractor
- East Calgary Twin Arena - Ice Resurfacer/Zamboni
- Calgary Curling Club - New curling rocks
- Waterwerks Kayak Club - Harvie Passage Activation Equipment
All these projects will benefit Calgarians in all quadrants of our city, enhancing our green and recreational spaces and increasing the development of amateur sport across #YYC.
To support our work at Parks Foundation Calgary DONATE here.