Fund Development and Project Coordinator
The Fund Development and Project Coordinator will play a key role at Parks Foundation Calgary, as a fund developer and park project lead. You will plan and coordinate all aspects of fund development for Parks Foundation Calgary, generating funds for our programs, endowments and major park projects. You will also provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing.
You will directly oversee completion of up to two park projects per year by working in collaboration with community partners, landscape architects, the municipal government and the provincial government.
The time allocation of this role is approximately 75% fund development and 25% project coordination.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Fund Development and Gift Cultivation
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, groups, organizations, corporations, etc. Provide monthly internal reports which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
- Broaden Parks Foundation Calgary’s fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs.
- Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation, including direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
- Assist with researching and writing grants for programs and park projects.
- Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
- Work with Parks Foundation Calgary’s Marketing Manager to create a fundraising event plan.
- Promote events to partners and sponsors as a way to support Parks Foundation Calgary and provide assistance to groups that want to host an event on Parks Foundation Calgary’s behalf.
Park Project Coordination
- Working in conjunction with the CEO, collaborate with donors, partners, landscape architects and government to develop new park concepts.
- Act as main contact for contractors on park projects that are being constructed, ensuring completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Ensure appropriate recognition of donor and sponsor contributions at new park projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education with emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, or fund development is required.
- Two-five years fund development experience in the non-profit sector is required.
- Experience in project coordination/management, including construction, is an asset.
- Experience with eTapestry or other Blackbaud software is an asset.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, team player with a personal connection and passion for the mandate of Parks Foundation Calgary.
You must have a strong ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. If this sounds exactly like you, we want to meet you!
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Type: Full time permanent position
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000 per year plus benefits
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 4, 2018.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.